Sex and sexuality are all part of being human, it is there to both procreate as well for pleasure and for many it is an integral part of a relationship. As we change, our sexual side can also change. We can become more adventurous, finding different elements of sex that gives us pleasure.
That said, as our bodies change there are conditions that can hinder our sex lives. For women these can occur at different times, after childbirth, peri to post menstruation as well some health conditions.
Some of the conditions are caused by health conditions, however many have a psychological root cause or can be a mixture of both. It is always advisable to have things checked out with your GP. For the psychological element this is where Sexual Freedom Hypnosis can really help.
Here are some just some of the conditions that can affect sexual intercourse.
- Low sexual desire. This most common female sexual dysfunction involves a lack of sexual interest and willingness to be sexual. Also can be caused by depression, anxiety or relationship difficulties
- Anorgasmia - You have persistent or recurrent difficulty in achieving orgasm after sufficient sexual arousal and ongoing stimulation.
- Dyspareunia - You have pain associated with sexual stimulation or vaginal contact.
- Vaginismus - Is a condition in which involuntary muscle spasm interferes with vaginal intercourse or other penetration of the vagina. This often results in pain with attempts at sex.
- Vaginal Dryness - Vaginal dryness usually results from low estrogen Estrogen is the hormone that keeps the lining of the vagina lubricated, thick, and elastic.
There are many myths around sex and sexuality, some that are old, very old but still have influence today. Some are born from people’s misunderstanding of the various types of sex, likes and desires. There is no judgement in the therapy room, regardless of your likes, interests, tastes and desires together we work towards helping you enjoy a healthy sex life, where all parties are pleasured and it is consensual. For many people, the therapy is to help them to explore, understand and empower them to have the correct conversations so that they can have the fulfilling sex life that we all deserve.
Sex and sexual feelings are the magnifying glass that looks at people’s relationships with themselves and others. Every part of our life impacts how we function sexually. Lifestyle choices, past experiences, our upbringing, our beliefs, self-confidence and self-esteem and many other things affect our libidos, how our bodies react and how much enjoyment and satisfaction we get from sexual activity. Kaz Rileys' Sexual Freedom Hypnosis Programme looks at the whole person, their unique circumstances and the therapy is unique to them.