Statement of Intent
This policy sets out how we at Thomas McGowan use and protect the information that you provide when you use this website and our services.
It is our intention to ensure that any data you provide is managed respectfully, kept secure and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided.
This policy will be updated from time to time in line with prevailing legislation.
Full business name: Thomas McGowan
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Heritage Exchange, Plover Road, Lindley, Huddersfield, HD3 3HR
When you contact us via our website, phone or email we will collect your:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Any information you choose to supply regarding the purpose of your enquiry
- Contact via our website, phone, email or via a third party booking system you consent to us using this information for correspondence purposes, notably to discuss your interest in therapy and to book an appointment. To have your email deleted from our records, please contact us by email.
- Personal data that we process shall not be kept for longer than is necessary or in accordance with my insurance policy. We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- the right to be informed (which is why we have produced this policy)
- the right of access (if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to Thomas McGowan. We will provide you with the information within one month of your request)
- the right to rectification (this is your right to request changes to any information we hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information, we hold on you is incorrect then please let us know as soon as possible and we will make the relevant changes)
- the right to erasure (given the nature of our work we are required to hold your details for a period of 7 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed)
- the right to restrict processing (we will only use the information for the purposes that we have stated: most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based upon the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of ‘greater good’. If in the therapist’s opinion there is good cause to believe that not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others then your GP or other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure the safety of relevant parties would be disclosed. Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality.
- the right to data portability (this right is more relevant to IT companies e.g. the sharing of information when moving from one utility provider to another. We will not share your information, other than in the situations described above, without your specific consent).
- the right to object (we will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us a specific agreement to do so)
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including
profiling (we will not use your information for profiling purposes)
You may wish to provide a testimonial, sending it directly to Thomas McGowan or by leaving one on a third party website, we may publish the information you provide about treatment you received from us as a Testimonial on our website. Such information may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such information by others. To have your testimonial deleted from our website please contact us by email.
Like any other website, our website uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Links to other websites